Tuesday, March 20, 2007

DINING & DRINKING WITH JULES

Since I finished at work....
Sat 24th Feb evening
Caught up with Jemma (my old primary school best friend i bumped into in Hobart after 15yrs!) We spent the afternoon relaxing on the salamanca lawns then had dinner and a few drinks at different venues along Salamanca and the waterfront (my favourite place in Hobart)


Jemma and I on the Salamanca lawns chilling out in the sun with a few of her mates.



Jemma and I later on at Irish Murphys


Sunday 25th Feb
I met up with my long time friend Renee (from kindergarden in NSW!!) who had surprised me turning up at my door step holidaying in tas. We met for brunch in North Hobart and met a couple of her friends Sam & Amy. Katie and Ty joined us and we all had a great time hanging out together in the sun.


In North Hobart all together.



Having lots of laughs over ice cream!! Think the joke was on me!



Renee, Katie and I in the sun. Ty was throwing nuts from the trees at us(as boys do, while Sam and Amy were catchng up.
It was a great day. I miss Renee! She always makes me laugh. Renee is counting down as well before she heads overseas again--for a holiday, not to work. She has the travel bug big time! Hopefully i get to see a few countries while i'm over that side of the world!


I spent the Monday organising stuff, bills, housework etc, then on Tuesday 27th Feb i had to get my lovely nails off :-((they still look good now-natural, but am still trying not to bite them!). I then met Lyndal, my new friend in Hobart-travelling Australia, started work with us a few weeks ago. We get along well and both enjoy long extended lunches over a bottle of wine!


Lyndal enjoying a glass of red with lunch at T42 on the waterfront.


Later on after a game of pool at the Tele, we had a guiness or big beer at Knoppys.
It was a great time together. Ended up having yummy Da Angelos pizza for dinner at her unit and discussed lots of in-depth issues of the world. Hopefully Lyndal will still be in Tas when i return :-)

Wednesday 28tyh Feb I spent doing more organisng and packing for my trip to Melbs and Brisbane. Spent the afternoon having arabic coffee with Saad. Saad is a lovely friend of mine and has been a super valuable resource to me when learning about culture and teaching me a little bit of Arabic. We can talk for ages (in English that is!)! Have also spent time cooking traditional recipes from the middle east---yummy yummy. Family have all enjoyed the dinners we prepared together.


Saad and I having lunch together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey jules of Arabia :) I love the pics and exciting stories already...keep them coming :)Take care! I love u and miss u already. Booze xoxo